We know that we can't do this alone. So we partner with you.
Together, We Can Provide
Physical & Spiritual Care
Every child deserves a safe place to grow up. We provide a clean, secure, and safe environment where urgent physical needs are immediately met. This includes administering medical care, addressing malnutrition, and providing safe water. We desire for all of our kids to know the love of Christ. Every child is loved and cared for by Christian caretakers.
Every child deserves a quality education. We've partnered with Haitian educators to to build a preschool, primary school, secondary school, and a vocational school. Our schools are accredited by the Haitian government and staffed by Haitian teachers. We award academic scholarships that enable students to attend local Haitian universities.
Hope For The Future
When you sponsor a child, you're letting them know that you're there for them. At our children's homes, sponsorship means so much more than meeting the basic needs. It means attending school, access to career training, and an investment in each child's future. Sponsorship provides hope and a chance to thrive.
How It Works
We're one big family.
Working with leaders and staff at each children's home, we've developed a strategy to ensure that every child is cared for. When you sponsor a child, 100% of that money goes to the children's homes and provides sustaining care for all of the children.
Meet Our Kids
Browse the gallery and get to know our kids. They're each unique!
Choose a Level of Sponsorship
The cost to fully sponsor a child is $200/month. We realize that you might not be able to give at that level, so we offer various smaller levels of sponsorship. We combine sponsorships until each child is fully sponsored.
Stay in Touch
A sponsorship is a relationship. We encourage you to keep that relationship alive by writing to your child as often as you'd like!
If I must discontinue my sponsorship, what happens to the child I’m sponsoring?
- If you need to discontinue your sponsorship, we will look for a new sponsor for your child and continue the child's sponsorship support without interruption. You can discontinue your child sponsorship at any time by logging into the PayPal account you signed up with, or by contacting us at email@example.com
What should I do if I’m considering canceling or changing my sponsorship?
- If you need to make a change in your sponsorship please inform us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make changes to your payment anytime by logging into the PayPal account you used to sign up.
How long does a sponsorship last?
- Child sponsorship offers you the opportunity to stay with a child for a number of years, usually through the completion of high school. While we hope that you will be able to continue supporting your child, we recognize that circumstances sometimes change. You may discontinue your sponsorship at any time. Please understand that a sponsored child's circumstances may change, and they may leave the sponsorship program. We will inform you as quickly as possible if any such circumstance affects the child you sponsor, and we will offer you the opportunity to support another child in need of your help.
How much does it cost to sponsor a sponsorship?
- If you choose to sponsor a child, the cost is only $25-200 per month.
Why does it cost more to sponsor a child through PKF?
- The cost to fully sponsor a child with PKF is $200/month, however we offer numerous levels of sponsorship starting at $25/month. We provide a holistic approach to the care we provide. We address spiritual, economic, social, and physical aspects of poverty, in an effort to see kids grow up to become self-sufficient adults who provide for their family.
Will I be the only person sponsoring my child?
- This is up to you. The cost to fully support a child is $200 per month. We offer 4 levels of monthly sponsorship from $25 to $200. Our desire is that all of our kids are fully sponsored by an individual or group of sponsors. We may stack a few sponsorships to reach that monthly goal. You will be connected to a specific child when you become a sponsor at any level. Your prayers, letters and support will mean a great deal to your sponsored child.
Can I write to my sponsor child?
- When you become a sponsor, we will provide you with an address where you can write to your child. You may write to the child you sponsor as often as you like. When you write, your sponsored child will benefit from knowing that someone really cares. Your words of encouragement will make a big difference to your child.
Is there anything I cannot send my sponsor child?
- As a sponsor, you have many opportunities to communicate with the child you sponsor and we encourage you to do so. When you communicate with them, however, we ask you to provide comments and materials consistent with Christian values.
Can I send my sponsor child special gifts?
- We discourage the sending of individual gifts. We view our children as one big family. We want to make sure all the kids are treated equally. Each year your child will receive a birthday gift and a Christmas gift from you that will be picked out by one of our staff in Haiti. This assures that they will get something thoughtful and useful. At no time is your sponsored child to solicit gifts from you. Please let us know if you receive a specific request.
Where does The Pittsburgh Kids Foundation work?
- We work in Pittsburgh, PA and Cap Haitien, Haiti. The PKF Child Sponsorship program is based solely in the children’s homes we partner with in Haiti.
Is PKF affiliated with a specific religion?
- We are a Christian organization, and work with over 200 churches and organizations representing many different denominations.
How much of my monthly donation goes to program activities?
- 100% of your sponsorship payment goes to meeting the orphans needs for food, clean water, shelter, medical attention and education. We cover overhead out of our operating budget.
How does your program ensure that my support actually benefits the child I sponsor?
- We are very involved in the operations of the three orphanages. We have staff on site in Haiti and frequently visit the orphanages with groups from Pittsburgh. We know each of our children by name and are deeply involved in their lives.
Can I visit my sponsor child?
- Yes! We would love to have you join us to meet your sponsor child. Please fill out the form at this link to be added to our sponsor trip list.
Don't see your question on the list? Email us at email@example.com